Apr 8, 2009: Jason Sanchez Supervises $5M in Service Learning Grants
Notes from Jason Sanchez:
- After successfully completing the Grants To You (then Grants 4 Us) course, I served as the chair of the Youth in Philanthropy mini-grant board, Change-for-Change.
- As a result of my increasing involvement in grants, I was asked to be one of the keynote speakers at the International Red Cross Youth Leadership and Safety Conference where I taught (with Cindy Craig of Youth Count) a four-hour interactive presentation on grant writing.
- I used the skills I gained from the Grants To You course to apply for a Red Cross Grant with which I designed, implemented, and lead a multi-pronged community-wide disaster preparedness program.
- In 2006 I was honored to be recognized by Prescott Area Leadership at Youth Leader of the Year.
- As a result of these experiences with grants and others such as serving as a grant reviewer for the Case Foundation, I one of 15 youth accepted on the State Farm Insurance Youth Advisory Board. This board is comprised of 30 youth that represent the United States and Canada. Our job is to grant $5,000,000 a year to service-learning projects. More information can be found here: http://www.sfyab.com/about.php.
These experiences and successes were a direct result of the Grants To You course and serve as an example of the real-world difference one course can make. I would highly recommend anyone of any age to take this course. It could change your life!
Return to listing of recent news.
Show all news